Tennis News Wire -
Taipei, Chinese Taipei
October 29-November 4, 2012
Results - Sunday, November 4, 2012
Singles - Final
(4) Kristina Mladenovic (FRA) d. (5) Chang Kai-Chen (TPE) 64 63
Doubles - Final
(1) Chan/Mladenovic (TPE/FRA) d. (2) Chang/Govortsova (TPE/BLR) 57 62 108 (Match TB)
- Mladenovic wins the first ever WTA 125 tournament and the biggest title of her career.
- Mladenovic was pushed to three sets in three of her five matches en route to the title (including coming back from 3-0 down in the third set of her semifinal match).
- Chan and Mladenovic were playing doubles together for the first time this week.
Kristina Mladenovic: "It's the first time I get two titles at a WTA event – it's been a great week and I am very happy! In the doubles final we were down, but I told Hao-Chin we just have to play point by point and the game is not over yet. We played really hard each point and believed in ourselves until the end."
Chang Kai-Chen: "Today I wasn't in my game – I didn't focus well and the results didn't come out as I had hoped they would. Of course I feel very disappointed, but I can't change the result, and I just have to hope for better in the next tournaments. I really appreciated all the fans coming to support me this week though. I'll be back here next year and I hope I will do even better."