© 2013 Daily Tennis News Wire -
Pattaya City, Thailand
January 28-February 3, 2013
Results - Sunday, February 3, 2013
Singles - Final
(2) Maria Kirilenko (RUS) d. (5) Sabine Lisicki (GER) 57 61 76(1)
Doubles - Final
Date-Krumm/Dellacqua (JPN/AUS) d. Amanmuradova/Panova (UZB/RUS) 63 62
- Kirilenko wins her sixth WTA title and first since 2008; four of her titles have come in Asia – Beijing (2005), Kolkata (2007), Seoul (2008) and Pattaya City (2013).
- Kirilenko's win-loss record in WTA finals now stands at 6-6, with all but three of these coming on hardcourts.
- Kirilenko trailed 6-5 in the final set before winning 11 of the last 12 points to break Lisicki to love and win the tie-break.
- Lisicki falls to 3-3 in WTA finals; her last final came when she won Birmingham in 2011.
- Kirilenko and Lisicki were meeting for the third time; Kirilenko now leads the head-to-head record 3-0.
- Kirilenko is projected to rise to No.13 when the new rankings are released on Monday, while Lisicki will return to the Top 40.
- Date-Krumm and Dellacqua win the title in their first WTA event together; Date-Krumm now has four career titles to her name, while Dellacqua has one.
Maria Kirilenko: "I feel great – to win a title is always special, but it's even more pleasure when you win such a tough one. It was tough. Sabine played very well. I'm very happy to win this."Sabine Lisicki: "I hadn't been in a final in a while, so even though it's a tough one to lose, I still feel very good about my week. I played some good tennis here. I was working so hard in the off-season and it's nice to see it's already paying off, especially since we're just at the start of the year."