April 29-May 4, 2013
Results - Saturday, May 4, 2013
Singles - Final
(3) Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) d. (4) Carla Suárez
Navarro (ESP) 75 62
Doubles - Final
(2) Chan/Mladenovic (TPE/FRA) d. (4) Jurak/Marosi
(CRO/HUN) 76(3) 62
- Pavlyuchenkova wins the fifth title of her career and
the second of 2013, having also won in Monterrey.
- Pavlyuchenkova's win-loss record in finals now stands
at 5-2; prior to Oeiras, all her final appearances had
come on hardcourts. .
- Pavlyuchenkova was 6-5 down in her quarterfinal with
Vesnina, before breaking serve to force a tie-break,
which she won 7-3.
- Pavlyuchenkova is the second Russian to win in Oeiras,
after Kirilenko in 2008.
- Pavlyuchenkova improves to 5-0 head-to-head against
Suárez Navarro falls to 0-5 in WTA
finals, with all five finals coming on clay; she was
also runner-up in Oeiras in 2012.
Suárez Navarro will remain at No.19 and
No.23 respectively when the post-tournament rankings are
- Chan and Mladenovic win their first WTA title
together; Chan now has two career titles to her name,
while Mladenovic has five.
"I definitely had a slow start – I was a little bit
disappointed about that, it was the third match this
week I started like that. Also, Carla was playing really
well – it wasn't easy to play my game because she was
holding me back on the baseline, putting a lot of spin
on the ball and moving me around. But I just tried to
start playing point by point, fighting every point. It
wasn't easy, but I just tried to dig deep and fight and
that really helped me in the end."
Carla Suárez Navarro: "Today I had chances to win the first set but
Nastia was playing so well at those moments, and then
she played really, really well in the second set. She
just kept getting better as the match went on and
deserved to win today. But it was a really good week for
me – I'm very happy I was able to make another final