August 5-11, 2013
Results - Sunday,
August 11, 2013
Singles - Final
Serena Williams (USA) d. Sorana Cirstea (ROU) 62 60
Doubles - Final
Jankovic/Srebotnik (SRB/SLO) d. (3) Groenefeld/Peschke
(GER/CZE) 57 62 106 (Match TB)
- Williams wins her 54th WTA title, moving into sole
possession of ninth place on the Open Era titles list.
- Williams ties her personal best for most WTA titles
won in a season with her eighth, having also won that
many in 2002.
- Williams improves to 3-0 against Cirstea, having never
lost more than two games in a set.
- Williams passes the $5 million prize money mark for
the season, the third time she has achieved that feat.
- Williams wins this event for the third time, tied with
Martina Navratilova for third most titles at this event.
Chris Evert and Monica Seles share the record with four
- Cirstea recorded three Top 10 wins en route to her
first Premier-level final and is projected to climb to a
career-high No.21 on the new rankings.
- Jankovic and Srebotnik win their first WTA doubles
title as a duo in their second outing. It is Jankovic’s
second WTA doubles title and Srebotnik’s 34th,
four of which have come this year.
"I knew she had had a lot of big wins and a lot of
momentum going into this match. She also had nothing to
lose out there, so I knew it wasn't going to be an easy
match for me today.
“I knew I had to play better today than last night. With
that in mind, I just tried to do that."
"It's been a really positive week, and I'm going to take
everything that's been going well with me to the next
tournament. I think I've made great steps in the past
weeks - I've played semis, quarters, finals here - so
I'm looking forward to everything coming up and also the