KDB KOREA OPEN
September 16-22, 2013
Results - Sunday, September 22, 2013
Singles - Final
(1) Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) d. (3) Anastasia
Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) 67(6) 63 64
Doubles - Final
Chan/Xu (TPE/CHN) d. (1) Kops-Jones/Spears (USA/USA) 75
- Radwanska wins her third WTA title of the year and 13th
of her career.
- Radwanska improves to 13-5 in WTA finals.
- Eleven of Radwanska’s WTA titles have come on
- Radwanska is Seoul’s first Polish champion.
- Radwanska improves to 3-1 in her series with
- Pavlyuchenkova falls to 5-3 in WTA finals.
- Chan and Xu win their first WTA doubles title as a
duo. It is also the first WTA title of any kind for both
"Especially after a great match, almost three hours of
great tennis at a really high level, of course I'm very
happy. It was a very close match - tight sets, all of
them - but I was just a little bit better in the
important moments today. And at the end of the third set
I think I was playing a little bit more aggressively
than she was, and I managed to win a couple more points
than her in the end."
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova: "I'm actually proud of myself. I had a great week. I showed
some good tennis and it was a great final. And I was
pretty tired - not only after a few tough matches, but
even coming into the tournament after being in the
States and the jet lag. So I'm proud to be in the final
and come so close to the title."