KREMLIN CUP BY BANK OF MOSCOW
October 14-20, 2013
Results - Sunday, October 20, 2013
Singles - Final
(5) Simona Halep (ROU) d. (7) Samantha Stosur (AUS)
Doubles - Final
Kuznetsova/Stosur (RUS/AUS) d. (2)
Kudryavtseva/Rodionova (RUS/AUS) 61 16 108 (Match TB)
- Halep wins the fifth title of her career, all of which
have come in 2013; the other four came at Nürnberg,
's-Hertogenbosch, Budapest and New Haven.
- Halep's win-loss record in finals now stands at 5-3.
- Halep is the first player since Myskina in 2003 to win
the title without dropping a set.
- Halep is the second Romanian to win five or more WTA
titles, after Ruzici, who won 12.
- Halep now trails 3-2 in her head-to-head with Stosur.
- Stosur falls to 5-13 in WTA finals; she was also
runner-up in Moscow last year.
- Kuznetsova and Stosur win their first WTA title
together; Kuznetsova now has 16 career titles to her
name, while Stosur has 24.
"It was nice, all the people who were supporting me, and
supporting us – I want to thank them for all of their
support. Maybe Sam was tired because she won in Osaka
last week, and after Asia I had about 10 days of break
because I had a right shoulder injury. But I recovered
well from that, and now I feel good, and my game was
very good this week. Maybe I was just a little bit
"I think it was quite a battle to get to the
tie-break in that first set – I was down 3-1 and got it
back on serve, which was great. But she really got on
top of me in that tie-break, and from then on it was a
real uphill battle. But all credit to her – she played
solid the whole way through today."