© 2013 Daily Tennis News Wire -
LONGGANG GEMDALE OPEN
December 30, 2012-January 5, 2013
Results - Saturday, January 5, 2013
Singles - Final
(1) Li Na (CHN) d. (5) Klara Zakopalova (CZE) 63 16 75
Doubles - Final
(1) Chan/Chan (TPE/TPE) d. Buryachok/Solovieva (UKR/RUS) 60 75
- Li wins the seventh title of her career; it was her second title in China – her first coming in Guangzhou in 2004.
- Li's win-loss record in finals now stands at 7-8, and 5-4 in hardcourt finals.
- Zakopalova won more points than Li in the final – 89 to Li's 88 – and recovered from 5-2 down in the final set to level at 5-5.
- Li levels her head-to-head record with Zakopalova at 2-2.
- Zakopalova falls to 2-10 in WTA finals; this was her first final since a runner-up finish in Seoul in 2010.
- Li is projected to rise to No.6 and Zakopalova to a career-high No.26 when the post-tournament rankings are released.
- The Chan sisters win their first WTA title together; Yung-Jan now has 10 career titles to her name, while Hao-Ching has one.
Li Na: "Klara played well and I managed my mood swings well, and I'm glad I made it. Winning the title certainly helps boost my confidence for the coming weeks, but it also depends on how I'm playing on the courts. Confidence itself won't guarantee a win. But I'm very happy to win and the Shenzhen Longgang Gemdale Open was a great tournament – I believe it will get even better in future years."
Klara Zakopalova: "It was about a few points today but she really proved she's a top player - she played her best from 5-all. She's playing unbelievably fast and flat, and she's hitting her backhand down the line very well. To me she's one of the Top 3 players right now and I hope she can make it there. There's no way to be sad about losing – I lost to a top player and I'm happy to reach the final."